DISCUS Code 101 Webinar - May 5, 2021
DISCUS Code Review Board Chair Mary Barrazotto (Brown-Forman), Board Members Nate Mailander (Beam Suntory) and Jameel Harb (Campari America), and DISCUS Staff Liaison Courtney Armour, provide a history of the Code as a model of self-regulation, detail its scope and provisions, explore the practical application of the DISCUS Code, and review how complaints are processed and adjudicated. Presenters also share and discuss real advertisements that have been the subject of complaints, engage the audience in interactive Code application exercises, and provide internal company best practices.
1. Learn why the Code is important and how it benefits the entire industry;
2. Learn the scope of what the Code covers and about the specific provisions included;
3. Learn tips on how to practically apply the Code in your businesses.
Courtney Armour Chief Legal Officer Distilled Spirits Council of the U.S.
Mary Barrazotto Code Review Board Chair SVP Deputy General Counsel Brown-Forman Corporation
Nate Mailander Code Review Board Member Associate General Counsel Beam Suntory
Jameel Harb Code Review Board Member Managing Counsel – US, Canada, Jamaica Campari America
DISCUS Social Media and Digital Code Compliance 101 - October 26, 2021
As more advertising shifts to the digital space, it is increasingly important to stay on top of developments and best practices for responsibly advertising in these mediums. This webinar will explain why this is such an important area of focus, review the applicable DISCUS Code provisions, provide practical tips on ensuring compliance, and review social media policies with representatives from the platforms to gain insights into how to responsibly advertise on their networks.
1. Learn about the Code provisions that apply to social media and other digital advertising;
2. Practically apply those provisions and tips for ensuring compliance in advertising campaigns;
3. Hear from social media companies, such as Facebook/Instagram and Snapchat, about how to advertise on their platforms and review the responsibility tools they provide to advertisers
Amy Brummer, Global Digital Marketing Compliance Director, Brown-Forman Corporation
Travis Smith, Director, Global Media CoE, Brown-Forman Corporation
Maggie Lu, DISCUS Code Review Board Member, Vice President & Asst. General Counsel, Diageo
Jennifer Nedeau Helm, Content Policy Stakeholder Engagement, Policy Manager, Advertisers, Facebook
Megan Petrie Ramm, Manager, Advertiser Solutions, Snap Inc.
Eunice Wells, Product Marketing Manager, Snap Inc.
Courtney Armour, Code Review Board Staff Liaison, DISCUS Chief Legal Officer