The Distilled Council of the United States (DISCUS) today announced the line-up for its sold-out February 17-19 Inaugural Annual Conference at the Omni Hotel in Louisville, KY.
“Forging a Modern Distilled Spirits Marketplace” features prominent public officials, spirits producers, industry and trade association leaders, as well as experts in operating in the next generation of the distilled spirits marketplace. It will provide attendees the latest on mission-critical policies, best practices, thought leadership and tangible insights.
Some of the panels and breakout sessions include: Communicating Your Brand; Social Media Influencers; Hurdles Getting Your Product to Market; The Art of the Craft Deal; Market Disrupters; and How to Get Expanded Distribution. Other sessions are on tax policy; international trade; industry economics and trends; and, social responsibility and sustainability. All sessions feature top experts in their respective fields.
Participating speakers and organizations include:
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) – invited
- Deirdre Mahlan, president, Diageo North America
- Bill Samuels, Jr., chairman emeritus, Maker’s Mark
- Sondra Clark, Director Digital Marketing, White House
- Charles Merinoff, Co-Chairman, Breakthru Beverage Group
- Eric Gregory, president, Kentucky Distillers Association
- Fawn Weaver, president and CEO, Uncle Nearest
- Wes Henderson, co-founder, Angel’s Envy
- Fred Minnick, Wall Street Journal best-selling author, bourbon curator and taster
- Officials from the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
There are also receptions, lunches and dinners featuring industry legends and, of course, great cocktails. For media attendees on February 18, there is a private lunch briefing featuring Deirdre Mahlan, Chair of DISCUS and president, Diageo North America, and Chris Swonger, president & CEO, DISCUS and Responsibility.org.
The conference is open to a limited number of accredited media who wish to register and attend. Most sessions are open to the media.
For a full agenda click here.
Accredited media can register to attend the conference for free by emailing [email protected].
For more information on the conference, contact the DISCUS department of public affairs at 202-682-8840.
Conference sponsors include: McDermott Will & Emery; Pratt Industries; Mother Murphy’s Flavors; Joseph & Joseph Architects; Country Malt Group; PWC; By Quest; Buzick Construction Inc.; Wine and Spirits Shippers Association; Dimensional Insight; The Spearhead Group; 3×3; ONUS Rides; ZAK Cooperage; Beverage Testing Institute; BPS Glass; The Mather Group; Travel Leaders Corporate; Arcbest; Decernis; WSET.