- Integrity – We are honest, ethical, and proud of what we do.
- Collaboration – We work together for the good of #OneDISCUS.
- Leadership – We are bold, we strive for excellence, and we weave our sense of responsibility into all we do.
- Leading Experts – We are advanced in both knowledge and skill.
- Respect – We admire and support all of our team’s abilities, and we trust and learn from our differences.
- Inclusive – We embrace and empower diversity with intention.
- Growth-Oriented – We are entrepreneurial; we unite around and drive value.
DISCUS Principles of Conduct
The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (“DISCUS”) is the leading voice and advocate for the distilled spirits industry in the United States. To effectively represent the industry and drive industry success, DISCUS members and employees must uphold the highest standards of commercial conduct.
Therefore, DISCUS members and DISCUS employees commit to:
- Abide by the DISCUS Antitrust Compliance Policy;
- Abide by the DISCUS Code of Responsible Practices for Beverage Alcohol Advertising and Marketing;
- Treat all individuals and groups with respect, by recognizing their human dignity and embracing their diverse characteristics, including: race, color, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental health/ability, religion, national origin, language, veteran status, and any other protected class;
- Not tolerate, condone, ignore, or engage in harassment, intimidation, threats, or discrimination of any kind, and guard against retaliation of anyone that speaks out about such claims;
- Practice and advocate for moderate and responsible alcohol consumption, for adults who choose to drink, and treat with respect those who choose not to drink;
- Respect the opinions of others and address conflicts in a constructive manner; and
- Recognize, engage in, and value the importance of industry education, environmental sustainability, corporate social responsibility, and continuing to increase and retain diverse talent in the industry.
Adopted February 17, 2022